The value hypothesis
We defined the value hypothesis for Stark some time ago. We hypothesised that customers wanted a quick way to get professional interior design ideas. In fact, we proposed that customers would forgo Pinterest and pay us to get personalised design tips.
To validate our initial hypothesis, we threw up a quick landing page and posted it on Hacker News (not our target audience but a good benchmark for early adopters). We were so hasty we failed to put meaningful information on the landing page. Never the less, we had scores of early adopters sign up.
We emailed our beta testers asking them to answer a quick questionnaire about their room and to send us photos via email. You can view a copy of the email here
The response rate was good (around 10%) and our designers produced fantastic work for the respondants (completely free) who’s feedback was excellent. We called this a success.
Build test measure
With that initial success under our belt, we went on to build a fully feldged landing page and started A/B testing the copy. We proposed 3 variants:
- Original copy
- Additional PR logos to give consumer confidence
- £10 off promotion
Goal: Click the call to action button on the homepage.
The experiment ran for little over a week (we used google ads to send traffic) but the winner was very clear, the PR logos saw a 59% conversion increase.
Continuing the loop
After improving the landing page conversion, we are still not converting customers. We’ve switched our source of traffic from google ads to facebook ads plus some organic traffic visiting our blog. The next experiment will be focused on improving our funnel conversion…